Who was your favorite Instore Performer?

May 12, 2008

Early Memories... Replies!

So, we asked you THIS QUESTION and you gave us these answers... These are our favorites!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

My earliest memory of a song is "Touch of Grey" by the Grateful Dead. I was about three when my deadhead dad and I were watching the music video. I remember thinking that the skeletons were really cool. Thanks,
-Aileen

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Forget what you heard about Edgar Allen Poe, Rod Temperton is "da man" when it comes to scaring a three year old shitless. My earliest memory of music was the soliloquy read by Vincent Price at the end of "Thriller." Nothing would make me run faster out of my brother's room as he laid the needle down on that part of the record. It took me a few more years to actually watch the music video all the way through. I must admit, that even to this day, I still find myself looking around my shoulder as this song is being blasted on every radio station during the month of October.
-Veronica

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The earliest memory I have of a particular song is of Tom Petty's "Breakdown". When I was a child, my parents used to turn up the stereo in our living room really loud and we would all dance around and sing with the songs. I fondly remember "playing drums" to this song, meaning I banged wooden spoons on the collector tins my family had. These living room concerts are what really started my love for classic rock, such as AC/DC, Van Halen, Queen, etc.

This memory is very fond to me still, as "Breakdown" is now my favorite song of all time and I have a real drum set that I like to play. Plus, my family still rocks :)
-Aly

No comments: